Simple Steps To A Perfect Project
- Does your wood need to be treated?
- Are there old coatings that need to be removed?
- Do you know what tint you want to apply?
- How much wood grain do you want to see?
- Clean and prepare the wood for staining.
- Remove all old coatings so the stain can penetrate.
- Treat for mold and mildew where they exist.
- Test your product of choice to ensure it looks good!
- Apply the stain with a natural bristle brush, stain pad or pump sprayer.
- Apply an even coat.
- Brush all excess stain into areas where it will absorb.
- Only use as much stain as you need for the job.
- Allow your work to dry fully.
- Clean on an annual basis to remove dirt and pollen.
- Clean with a mild detergent based cleaner.
- Relax and enjoy your project.
Preserva takes the guesswork out of completing your wood care project! Use the stain guide below to determine
the correct balance between color intensity and natural wood grain appearance for your project.